Track Usage Policy
On non race days the track is available for use
from 10am until 5pm
to members that have paid their Annual Membership Fee.
Strictly NO engine running before 10am and after 5pm
Please inspect the track prior to driving on it!!
The track is closed:
- on Christmas Day and
- on New Year's Day
- a full 7 days after any race day (club or otherwise)
- when directed by the committee
Standard Supplementary Rules for KartSport Whangarei
Whilst using track for practice or testing you must keep the gate from Austin Road to the compound closed.
Effective from 1st January 2015 any person that drives a race kart on the WRB Karting Raceway track must either have a Competition Licence, Vintage Kart Licence or a Practice Licence issued by KartSport New Zealand, unless there is an organised "Have A Go" event.
The signposted "Engine Warm Up Area" must be used for all engine warm-up runs. Kart engines must not be run in the Pit Area, the car park or any other place other than on the track.
Starter Motors must not be left lying on the ground around or on the Dummy Grid. They must be stored beside the Pit Marshal's Shelter when not in use.
Only fully paid up members of the KartSport Whangarei Club can use the track and associated facilities at no extra cost.
All other persons that use the track or go with you to the track to drive a race kart must have a current Competition Licence, Vintage Kart Licence or a Practice Licence and need to pay $20 per person for every practice day.
Non-members must read and email the indemnity form on the right and pay the appropriate fee.
Click document on the right to enlarge!
The KartSport Whangarei safety rules for using the track for practice and testing:
(Updated on September 2019)
- Do not drive on the track when you are alone. One additional person 18 years or over must be present.
- All karts must comply with current KartSport NZ rules and must travel in the same direction.
- All driver's who are not club members must have emailed the indemnity form.
- Mixed age group practise is not permitted.
- Karts are not permitted to re-enter the pits area via the dummy grid. Driving in the pits is not permitted.
- Drivers must wear approved racing gear at all times when operating a kart.
- All karts must comply with KartSport NZ noise regulations. No kart engine can be run before 10 a.m. or after 5 p.m.
- When the majority of those at the track agree the direction of travel may be in reverse direction. (anti-clockwise)
- Karts must be pulled well clear of the circuit if a breakdown occurs. They must not be left where they present a hazard to other karts.
- No trolleys or recovery vehicles are allowed on the track area when there are karts being driven.
- The chain barrier across the track must be removed before driving on the track and it must be replaced after use of the track.
- All air cooled engines EXCEPT Raket 85 and Raket 120 must have at least two complete rows of purpose built noise suppression rubbers, heat silicon cord or silicon sealant fitted to the fins.
- Cars, Utes and other vehicles are not permitted onto the track unless specifically there for carrying out maintenance of the track or grounds.
- Drivers are responsible for their Pit Crew's actions.
- Please ensure your pit space is clean and tidy when vacating.